I love these so much! Veggiegirl always has these cool lists on her blog. This is almost as much fun as getting mail used to be when I was a kid! Getting mail isn’t so fun now, b/c it is usually just bills. I do look forward to getting my magazines and cards, but that is about it.
Anywho, onto the list! It is a Sweet 100 list!!
First, here are the rules:
1.) Copy this list into your site, including the instructions!
2.) Bold all of the sweets you’ve eaten–or make them a different type color.
3.) Cross out any of them that you’d never ever eat.
4.) Consider anything that is not bold or crossed out your “To Do” List.
5.) Optional: Post a comment here linking to your results–or just post a comment letting us know how many you’ve tried, or what you’re going to try next!
And now, here is…
**Gluten-Free Is Life’s Sweet 100 List**
1. Red Velvet Cake
2. Princess Torte
3. Whoopie Pie
4. Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar
7. Black and white cookie
8. Seven Layer Bar
9. Fried Fruit pie (sometimes called hand pies) – I have eaten Hostess Fruit Pies and miss them dearly since having to go GF. I really need to create these soon.
10. Kringle ~ YUM!! Love the raspberry filled kind. Again, need to make a GF one.
11. Just-fried (still hot) doughnut ~can you say Krispy Kreme???
12. Scone with clotted cream
13. Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy
14. Halvah – also known as the “Turkish Delight.”
16. Banana pudding with nilla wafers – YUM
17. Bubble tea (with tapioca “pearls”) ~ never heard of it
18. Dixie Cup –
19. Rice Krispie treats – Yes, yes, yes!
20. Alfajores –
21. Blondies –
23. Girl Scout cookies – Love Thin Mints & Samoas.
24. Moon cake
25. Candy Apple –
26. Baked Alaska
27. Brooklyn Egg Cream
28. Nanaimo bar
29. Baba au rhum
30. King Cake –
31. Sachertorte –
33. Tres Leches Cake –
35. Shoofly Pie
36. Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime) –
37. Panna Cotta
38. New York Cheesecake ~ my fav
39. Napoleon / mille-fueille –
40. Russian Tea Cake / Mexican Wedding Cake ~ I make these GF at Christmas time….I can’t wait!
41. Anzac biscuits
42. Pizzelle –
43. Kolache – love them with apricot filling & blueberry filling
44. Buckeyes – Ummmm..I live in Columbus, Ohio, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes. I think I might get shot if I hadn’t tried these! BTW, love them!
46. Moon Pie
47. Dutch baby –
48. Boston Cream Pie
49. Homemade chocolate chip cookies – Yes. I have my fav recipe here on my blog for them.
50. Pralines –
51. Gooey butter cake
54. Green tea cake or cookies
55. Cupcakes from a cupcake shop
56. Crème brûlée ~ never tried until I was GF. Then I was in heaven since the ingredients are naturally GF.
57. Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake) – Hmmm…I can happily say “No”.
58. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting ~
59. Jelly Roll ~ LOVE my Grandma’s jelly roll!
60. Pop Tarts – Heck ya! I am going to make a GF version for Jon soon.
61. Charlotte Russe
62. An “upside down” dessert (Pineapple upside-down cake or Tarte Tatin) –
63. Hummingbird Cake
64. Jell-O from a mold – Yes. My Grandma (Dad’s Mom) loved her Jell-O molds. :)
65. Black forest cake
66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)
68. Linzer torte
69. Churro – In Spanish Class we made these!
71. Angel Food Cake ~ excellent with fresh strawberries
72. Mincemeat pie
74. Opera Cake
75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
76. Pain au chocolat – in France.
77. A piece of Gingerbread House –
78. Cassata –
79. Cannoli – .
80. Rainbow cookies
82. Petits fours
83. Chocolate Souffle ~ This is on my to-do list to make
84. Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
86. Hamenstashen –
87. Homemade marshmallows
88. Rigo Janci
89. Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc) – Snicker’s Pie
91. Coke or Cola cake
92. Gateau Basque
94. Figgy Pudding
95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert –
96. Joe Froggers
98. Millionaire’s Shortbread
99. Animal crackers – yes, and most recently, Envirokidz GF Animal Crackers!
Anyone notice that I didn’t cross anything out?? Now, that could be b/c I don’t know what some of these things are or b/c I really do have a sweet tooth and I haven’t met many desserts that I don’t like. ;)