Across the blogosphere this past week, I saw this on a couple of different blogs. It has been a while since I have done one, so why not now? I know there are some new readers out there, so now is the time to learn some mostly useless info about me, though you may want to keep this to use against me one day. ;) LOL!
1. I was born in Newport, Rhode Island. My Dad was in the Navy and my parents were stationed in Newport.
2. I played violin as a child. I was 2nd chair. I couldn’t play now if you paid me!
3. Until about a year ago, I never ate fruit. My Mom didn’t serve us fruit growing up because she didn’t eat it. She now loves it, as do I. I feed my kids fruit at least once a day, if not at every meal.
4. I had posters of Jon Bon Jovi plastering my bedroom walls as a teenager. My Uncle used to call my bedroom the “Bon Jovi Museum”.
5. I was extremely shy as a child. You would never know that now. I can’t shut up.
6. Even though I am not nearly as shy as I was as a child, there are still some situations that make me nervous & very quiet until I can feel things out.
7. I don’t like change.
8. I like predictability.
9. I am a planner. Flying by the seat of my pants makes me a bit nuts.
10. I am a touch overprotective of my children. Some people would say that I am more than a touch overprotective.
11. I had thyroid surgery when I was 5 because I couldn’t swallow this huge horse pill that I needed to swallow for the drs to be able to do a test. My thyroid was enlarged & they needed to figure out why.
12. I love experiencing the change of seasons living in Ohio, but I despise the cold. What I would give to have the weather be 72 & sunny every day.
13. I was never really an ice cream eater until I was pregnant with Hannah. When I was pregnant with Hannah I ate Edy’s Double Fudge Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream almost every night for the last 6 months of my pregnancy. Perhaps that can account for my gain of 75+ pounds while pregnant with her?
14. My Dad was a runner when I was a child. We always went to his races no matter what the weather. I distinctly remember thinking that running was the dumbest sport and who would ever want to do it. Here I am at 36 getting ready to run my first half marathon and hopefully training for a full marathon in May 2010. Funny how things work, huh?
15. My sister & I fought like cats & dogs as kids. She hit me upside the head with a shoe when I was asleep once. I punched her in the face once when I only mean to pretend punch her. She is now my best friend. I don’t know what I would do without her.
16. I love to read and wish I had more time to do it.
17. I am deathly afraid of heights.
18. I love to watch hockey, especially when my son is playing.
19. My husband was my first boyfriend that I dated longer than a few months. I am glad I did. 😉
20. I used to eat Wendy’s french fries dipped a Frosty for snack after school when I was in high school.
21. I saw Annie on Broadway when I was a kid. We lived in New Jersey from the time I was 8 until I was 12. That was the coolest thing!
22. Speaking of New Jersey, one Thanksgiving we went to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC. It was so cold!! I remember just wanting to go back home to be warm!
23. I am sitting in my house with my fleece jacket on. Remember how I said I hate being cold?
24. I have selective OCD. LOL! Certain things have to be a certain way. Other things? Not so much.
25. My first concert ever was a Willie Nelson concert. Thanks Mom & Dad. :) My favorite has been the multiple Bon Jovi concerts that I have been to over the years.
26. I have lived in 4 different states: Rhode Island, Ohio, Texas & New Jersey. I have been in Ohio for the past 24 years.
27. I drive a 2007 Honda Odyssey. Yet another thing I said I would never do – drive a minivan. I should probably start to say things like “I will never win the lottery” since several things I said I would never do, I now do.
28. I love my life & wouldn’t change a thing about it.
Feel free to post yours in the comments or on your blog!
Filed under: Family