What could be better than a cookie that combines the 2 things that I love the most? Not much! LOL! By now, most of you know that peanut butter and chocolate are near and dear to my heart. They rank right up there with my husband, kids and my wine. So, it was a no brainer that I had to try a recipe for a cookie that combined PB and chocolate. These cookies were so unbelieveably easy to make and so worth it. They are the perfect ratio of peanut butter to chocolate. This recipe is supposed to make 48, mine made 37 and I can’t guarantee how long they will be around for. The kids both loved them. I am going to freeze some, but I don’t know how long they will last there, either, unless I forget about them.
Hershey’s Peanut Butter Blossoms **Modified from a recipe on the Hershey’s Kisses Bag to be Gluten-Free
48 Hershey’s Kisses
½ cup shortening
¾ cup Peanut Butter (I used Peter Pan)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 TBSP milk (I used 1%)
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 ½ cups GF Flour Mix (I used rice, potato starch & tapioca)
1 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 375. Remove wrappers from chocolate (you may want to not unwrap all 48, as this recipe didn’t make that many cookies for me ~ I got about 37).
2. Beat shortening & peanut butter until well blended. Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk & vanilla; beat well.
3. Mix together flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, salt and then mix into wet into peanut butter mixture. Refrigerate dough for 30 – 60 minutes.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each cookie; cookie will crack around the edges. Remove cookie to wire rack. Cool Completely. Makes about 4 dozen according to the recipe, I got 37.